struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: AW: Multi-select file chooser
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:45:07 GMT
Ah, didn't see this until I posted that form code :)

This is what I was talking about with the "better ways to present the UI
" comment.  I would have to test it, but I *think* you should be able to
have a single <file> element that is visible, with a number of hidden
ones, and for each file you select with the visible one you actually
populate a hidden one.  Maybe have a listbox that the files get added
to, and the user can remove existing items or add new ones, something
along those lines (I'm thinking out loud here).

There might be some scripting security issues there, I'd have to play a
bit, but I suspect it might work.  That would give you your single
browse and upload button like you want.

If this is something that is interesting to enough people, I would mind
throwing a real tag together with some options and such, perhaps a
couple of different UI presentations, etc.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect