struts-user mailing list archives

From Tom Ziemer <t.zie...@dkfz-heidelberg.de>
Subject Re: Form bean and variable number of fields
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:16:11 GMT
Hi,

I've had the same problem and used a mapped backed form bean, which
worked really well. Now I am wondering whether it's possible to use the
validator plugin to validate the entries. The only problem is that
a) I don't know what kind of properties and
b) how many of them are submitted.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tom

Muhammad Asif wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Jeff. I am trying to develop a simple action and bean with mapped
properties for proof of concept. This will confirm if i can use these.

> Asif
>
> At 06:02 PM 2/22/2005, you wrote:
>
>>Have you looked at indexed and/or mapped form bean properties?
>>
>>Muhammad Asif wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>I have a form that contains variable number of fields. User can add/remove fields
on this form dynamically (using some separate gui). For using a form-bean we need to know
number of fields before hand if new fields are added we need to change form-bean definition
each time. Is there way to automate this process or any alternate.