struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Stepanenko <andr...@ceis.tane.edu.ua>
Subject <html:text ... value="<bean:message .../>"/>???
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:22:33 GMT
Hello, all!

Can anybody please tell why I can't get <html:text> tag to display a
message resource as its value so that text field appear on a page with
already internalized string?

The problem is that the string "<bean:message key='admin.msg.rcpt'/>" is
interpreted as a string and not as a tag and thus I get <bean:message
key='admin.msg.rcpt'/> in my text field instead of the internalized string.

If I don't use action form and simply provide <input type="text"
value="<bean:message key='admin.msg.rcpt'/>"> everything works fine and
I can see the proper internalized string in the text field. But I need
to use action forms.

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrew Stepanenko,