struts-user mailing list archives

From Tom Ziemer <t.zie...@dkfz-heidelberg.de>
Subject HashMap backed FormBean and validation
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:19:48 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to validate formBeans that contain hashMaps, and if so, how?

The application im am working on requires an object, that has a variable
number of attributes. Thus, I would be loading the object with its
attributeset, create a DTO and then pass it to the my JSP page, which in
turn is supposed to iterate over the attributes and display their values
in form fields, so they can be edited. As I mentioned, I do not know in
advance which attributes the object contains, so I have to use a hashmap
backed formBean to store the information. But how can I validate the
user input?

Thanks in advance,

Tom