struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Kravets <akrav...@kligerweiss.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0 or Struts 0.0? [or Struts 1.42?]
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:50:27 GMT
Well I think 70% is a little bit too much
http://www.manageability.org/polls/what-is-the-best-java-web-framework

    Accroding to latest "market share" reportring (by Raible) Struts is
like 70% of market share. (Having said that, I wish that people that use
Struts becuase it's     popular go away, one should use own judgment; if
everyone used EJB, would you use that too? or would you jump of a
bridge? Waren Buffet has a book and a chapter on Lemmings)

But at the end of the day most people tend to learn
languages/platforms/frameworks that are in demand (remember when HTML
coders were payed $70K?). Most people will not spend time on learning
something that they think/know is good but the rest of the world does
not, because most people do what they do to support themselves
financially. The rest of does it because they are scientists.