struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shale <--> Struts 1.n
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:41:19 GMT
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:44:43 -0800, Michael Oliver wrote:
> What are the plans for migration and/or interoperation for Shale
> and Struts 1.n?

There's been some talk on the dev list about using both frameworks together, on a temporary
basis, but it's not recommended.

It's a lot like asking what are "our plans for migration and/or interoperation for Tapestry
and Struts 1.n?"

They are two different frameworks, and there really isn't much reason for them to interoperate.

Eventually, after Struts Shale ships, I'm sure people who migrate applications from other
frameworks will beat a path and document some tips.

But, right now, Shale is seen as a tool for new development for teams standardizing on JavaSererFaces,
not as a successor to Struts 1.x.

Like everyone else, most of the committers have significant Struts 1.x applications in production
and see no reason to migrate them anytime soon.

-Ted.