struts-user mailing list archives

From Don Brown <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts or SpringFramework
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:11:05 GMT
There was talk during a brainstorming session on the future of
Actions, where the idea was put out that perhaps Action could go away
and everything could be in the same chain catalog.   I believe that
idea was eventually abandoned as Struts chain commands are going to
have the "execute(ActionContext ctx)" signature where the
ActionContext class is specific to Struts, and we do _not_ want user
applications to be tied to Struts.  The application logic should be
independent of Struts and having that tight of coupling would
encourage developers to just code most of their application in those
Struts-specific commands.  As a general rule, we are trying to make
Struts less intrusive, not more.

HTH,

Don