struts-user mailing list archives

From Corey Probst <cpr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TilesController perform() depreciated and required in v1.2????
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:11:18 GMT
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:53:52 -0600, Jason Long
<supernovasoftw2683@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.  This tip let me remove the perform method from my
> base class, but this is actually equivalent to what I was doing.  The method
> perorm() is simply implemented exactly the way I had done it.  Why would a
> method be both depreciated and required?

Well, what I get from the javadocs is that, by doing it this way you
won't be affected when the perform method is actually removed.  The
ControllerSupport class will only have the execute method in future
releases.  This leaves your implementation un-broken in future
releases and leaves those that use the old way backwards compatible
today.  Can anyone confirm this?