struts-user mailing list archives

From Corey Probst <cpr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TilesController perform() depreciated and required in v1.2????
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:34:06 GMT
> I would appreciate any help with the following problem.  I just upgraded one
> of my applications from v1.1 to v1.2.4.  I have resolved all upgrade issues
> except the following.  The Controller interface has depreciated the
> perform() in favor of the execute(), but I am forced to implement both in
> order to compile the code.  Since I am implementing perform() I get many
> depreciation warnings from the compiler.  Does anyone have a solution?  I
> have provided a code sample and error message below.

You can extend the ControllerSupport concrete class and override the
execute() method instead.  That seems to work but I'd like to hear it
from somebody who knows for sure.  The javadocs *seems* to indicate
that is the intent...

http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/tiles/ControllerSupport.html

Corey