struts-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Elsner <ulrich.els...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gzip compression on HTML
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:06:29 GMT
Hi,

the real question is whether you really need your your application to
handle compression. Compression is normally independant from the
application and should be handled on another layer.
I would delegate this task to the HTTP-Server (e.g., using mod_gzip on
apache) or, if for some reason this is not possible, at least to the
application server (see e.g.
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/11/19/filters.html ).

Regards,

Ulrich Elsner