struts-user mailing list archives

From Duncan Mills <duncan.mi...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [OT]Applet question, open in new JVM
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:19:00 GMT
Very Very Off Topic :-)

Generally the answer to this is you can't.  If you use IE you can
configure it to start multiple IE processes, in which case both can have
their own JVM's but that assumes control over the User's configuration
which is not very sensible, and that the applets will be run in separate
windows.  The other option is to cheat and use one JVM native, and the
other as a plug-in - again not very satisfactory, and I've seen browsers
crash doing that so probably not recommended.

So I think the solution is to revise the way you store the information
don't you?

Regards

Duncan Mills
Senior Principal Product Manager