struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Struts Web Service project on SF.net
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:04:00 GMT
I agree about chain...

I just took a look it a week or so ago, just a few minutes looking over
it (actually, I forget who it was, but someone posted a very nice
summary on it a week or two ago on this very list).  I thought about how
to get the same effect as my project within that paradigm, and it seems
like a fairly trivial thing to do... Just have to configure a
preprocessing and postprocessing Command into the chain to do the tasks
I do now in the modified RequestProcessor.  I still have some question
as to whether I need to essentially "restart" the chain (akin to my
redirect back to the same request now) or if I can dynamically add the
parameters to the request (that requires a particular servlet spec, and
I'm not sure that's required for the chain implementation or not... if
it is, then no need for my redirect).

But, it's just preliminary thought at this point based on a cursory
glance at what's out there now.  Hopefully time will allow something
more in-depth soon.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect