struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: disable validation of validator.xml & validator-rules.xml
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:36:22 GMT
Ultimately, this is the responsibility of the commons-validator
library which Struts uses.  For each config file, a
"ValidatorResources" object is constructed.  This object uses
commons-digester to process the XML config.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/validator/src/share/org/apache/commons/validator/ValidatorResources.java?view=markup

This object exposes no way to turn off validation, but it does make
use of Digester's facility for registering DTDs against copies in the
classpath.  If your file uses one of the DTDs listed in
the"registrations" array in ValidatorResources (see source at above
URL) then you won't have any problem.  From a brief glance, I wonder
if some new registrations need to be added?  If you have time to
check, perhaps you could file a bug against commons-validator at
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla

For the near term, the suggestion of specifying an alternate local
URL for the DTD is probably best.

Joe