struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: Struts and DreamWeaver
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:10:52 GMT

If you're paying them... who cares?  It's your dime, your way or the highway :)

> My current plan is to have them use plain-old html form
> elements, and I'll
> automate as much as possible the task of switching them over to
> having to do the
> page design.

Having done that... don't.  It's a pain in the rear.

> Does anyone have suggestions for coordinating page design
> with Struts webapp
> development?

DreamWeaver should support the tags, and ignore the JSTL.  My biggest worry with DreamWeaver
would be the HTML code the thing generates.  Typically it's pretty abysmal.  I have marketing
people who generate better HTML then DreamCleaver does.

I'd write into the contract, the jsp tags and W3C compliant HTML code, all for a fixed price
or you'll end up paying for their cleaning up after their "tool".