struts-user mailing list archives

From "Harrison Tsang" <hts...@callidussoftware.com>
Subject RE: [BULK] - Re: <html:form action="..."> - Newbie
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:03:01 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:java@wendysmoak.com]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 11:31 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [BULK] - Re: <html:form action="..."> - Newbie

From: "Jacques" <jacques@jpti.ca>
> When I try the application, and the failure condition is triggered, I
get
> the following error message :
>
> 2004-12-03 13:27:20 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service()
for
> servlet action threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot retrieve definition for form
bean
> null

Rather than make up names, it's a lot easier if you just use the real
names
of the forms and classes you're working on.

That error means that Struts can't figure out what form bean you want it
use.  You probably left out the name="formName" attribute, probably in
the
<action> tag in struts-config.xml.  Post your actual config information
[just the <action> tag] and some of your JSP code, and someone will
probably
spot the error.

--
Wendy Smoak