struts-user mailing list archives

From Huw Richards <huw.richa...@oprig.com>
Subject RE: i18n input
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:04:54 GMT
The one problem I had with i18n input was with European locales where "," is
used as the decimal separator. The number would be formatted with "," as the
decimal separator but as the input boxes are just text, the numeric keypad
which produces "," in excel when "." is pressed just produces "." in the
number box. I had to rely on an adapted javascript to mask the numbers on
field entry & exit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Barrows [mailto:jbarrows@sssc.com]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 11:00 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: i18n input

*** WARNING ***

This email has been received from the internet.
Check any attachments for viruses before opening them.
> Subject: RE: i18n input
>

> yeah, I know I can do this, but this is a large system with around 200
> jsps 80 views
> and a number of controllers. doing the display is reasonably simple I
> know, but extremely
> tedious and prone to errors, I was hoping for a more elegant solution
> which also handles
> input...

I believe it does handle input as well... depending on the browser, which
java has no control over.

> > Java comes with i18n built in.  You want the JSTL <fmt:blah
> > for output and look at the way message resources are handled
> > in struts, as well as read through the i18n documentation on
> > the sun site.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE

This message may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you think, for any reason, that this message may have been
addressed to you in error, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it and we would ask you to notify us
immediately by return email to "postmaster@oprig.com".

http://www.oprig.com