struts-user mailing list archives

From Bala.Par...@novainfo.com
Subject RE: LookupDispatchAction doesn't lookup mapping
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:28:35 GMT

Please ignore this message.
-----Original Message-----
From: Dakota Jack [mailto:dakota.jack@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 7:47 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: LookupDispatchAction doesn't lookup mapping

My experience is that the computer is always right, so I would look in
my properites file, if I were you, and see whether or not I had
reversed the myButtonForward=go to go=myButtonForward.  Did you?  I
feel compelled to reiterate that LookupDispatchAction is a fairly poor
example of the code needed to do this stuff, in my opinion.

Jack

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:51:58 +0100, Alexander Czernay
<alexander@czernay.com> wrote:
> Dakota Jack wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:02:52 +0100, Alexander Czernay
> > <alexander@czernay.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The problem is, that only one of those buttons
> >>works, while the other throws a MissingResourceAction. That sounds like
> >>a typo, but the strange thing is, that it tries to lookup the button's
> >>value rather than it's name (eg. having a ressource mapping like
> >>mybutton.forward=go it would try to lookup "go").
> >

> > I presume that you know that lookup dispatch action DOES lookup the
> > buttons value rather than its name?  I just mention this because your
> > wording half indicates that you find this surprising.
> >
> > Jack
> >

> Well, as far as I understand it, it takes the button value (eg. "go")
> and tries to match it in Application.properties, where it should find
> "mybutton.forward" that it looks up in the getKeyMethodMap() inside the
> LookupDispatchAction. My problem is, that my application tries to lookup
> "go" rather than "mybutton.forward" for one button, while it works for
> the other.
>
> I double-checked all occurences of the lookup-string and also tried to
> rename it in case of some cruel naming conflict. It just doesn't work.
>
> Alexander

~Native Proverb~

Note:  The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  The recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Sender accepts no liability
for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and delete the email from your computer.  This e-mail is and any
response to it will be unencrypted and, therefore, potentially unsecure.
Thank you.  NOVA Information Systems, Inc.