struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hill <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject Re: MultiPartRequestWrapper not initialized
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:35:57 GMT
As I recall, the wrapper is actually initialised together with the
population of the form. No form no population. No population no wrapper
population.

Quickest workaround is to use specify a 'dummy' form for the mapping.
Just whip up an empty form class, or specify an empty dynaform in your
config. That should get you your parameters in the action.

I believe that the RequestProcessor will 'unwrap' the wrapper after the
action executes, so it probably wont be available after you do a
server-side forward to another JSP or a servlet either.

hth
Andrew