struts-user mailing list archives

From Sébastien GALLET <sgal...@ibourgogne.net>
Subject Re: Struts and JDK 1.4.2_06
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:40:26 GMT
Mike Darretta a écrit :

> I encountered a strange issue that may be relevant to others....
>
> After upgrading our JDK from 1.4.2_05 to 1.4.2_06, many of our struts
> actions reported the following error:

Got the same problem when update tomcat and jdk (don't know which causes
troubles).

>    "No getter method for property currentView of bean pagingListForm"
>
> I upgraded all our apache-related jars to the most recent releases,
> but to no help. Then, I had an epiphany and simply renamed the form
> bean property to "currView" vice currentView, along with its accessor.
> Suddenly, everything worked as before (hmm...).

For my case,
my propertie was a calculated one (read-only) with only a getter method.
(and the error message was the same "No getter method ...)
I must have to add a setter (empty code) and a variable to fix the bug.

> Are there any thoughts on how a form bean property name could conflict
> with a JDK release?
>
> Mike

sebastien