struts-user mailing list archives

From BaTien Duong <batien.du...@dbgroups.com>
Subject Re: Issues with IBM Struts Portlet Framework
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:17:55 GMT
Thirumalai Veerasamy wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   We heard that IBM is going to de-support struts portlet framework
>from IBM Websphere Portal 5.1.
>
>   Initially (way back 4.x) they said they are going to support all
>the features of Struts and that is the road map for Portal
>applications. But the framework was not complete, it doesn't perform
>consistently with respect to Locales, requires HttpSession though the
>user hasn't logged in (Anonymous). Not able to bookmark the pages
>since it invokes actionPerformed method which requires a Portal
>Session which is not required and results in Blank Pages.

Are we waiting for Struts-Jericho portlet framework based on CoR? Here
is a quote from Ted in Struts developer list:
<quote>
I started a new project this week based on Context, Command, and (as of
five minutes ago) Spring. The paradigm is that the presentation layer
collects whatever values are needed and puts them into a Context. A
controller component executes the associated Command (or Chain) and
returns the outcome in the Context. Both the Context and Command are
extended so that they can handle all the business processing: Input and
Output Validation, Execution, Error and Exception Handling, and Message
Resolution.
For input, the Context has convenience properties for Locale, User,
Role, and for output, there are properties for Output, Errors, Messages,
and Fault (Exception). I expect there to be more, but I'm only adding
what I need when I need it.
When the Context returns, it can be examined by the presentation layer,
which can then display the output, messages, or errors.
</quote>

BaTien
DBGROUPS