struts-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Czernay <alexan...@czernay.com>
Subject Re: LookupDispatchAction doesn't lookup mapping
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:51:58 GMT
Dakota Jack wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:02:52 +0100, Alexander Czernay
> <alexander@czernay.com> wrote:
>
>> The problem is, that only one of those buttons
>>works, while the other throws a MissingResourceAction. That sounds like
>>a typo, but the strange thing is, that it tries to lookup the button's
>>value rather than it's name (eg. having a ressource mapping like
>>mybutton.forward=go it would try to lookup "go").
>

> I presume that you know that lookup dispatch action DOES lookup the
> buttons value rather than its name?  I just mention this because your
> wording half indicates that you find this surprising.
>
> Jack

Well, as far as I understand it, it takes the button value (eg. "go")
and tries to match it in Application.properties, where it should find
"mybutton.forward" that it looks up in the getKeyMethodMap() inside the
LookupDispatchAction. My problem is, that my application tries to lookup
"go" rather than "mybutton.forward" for one button, while it works for
the other.

I double-checked all occurences of the lookup-string and also tried to
rename it in case of some cruel naming conflict. It just doesn't work.

Alexander