struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amit Gupta" <amit.gu...@computerware.co.in>
Subject RE: [OT] I need to configure logs on my virtual hosting
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:20:04 GMT
Thanks Dave,

I am not using log4j or common-logging. I am dependent only on std.out, std.err and other
logs produced by tomcat in CATALINA_HOME/log directory.

Please help.

Amit Gupta
Mobile: 91-9818052171
Yahoo IM: amitguptainn
MSN IM : amitguptainn

-----Original Message-----
From: Durham David R Jr Contr 805 CSPTS/SCE [mailto:David.Durham1@scott.af.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 3:06 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] I need to configure logs on my virtual hosting

> I need to configure logs on my virtual hosting.
> How can I do it? Till

Since this is OT, first a few words about "till" from Dictionary.com:

Usage Note: Till and until are generally interchangeable in both writing
and speech, though as the first word in a sentence until is usually
preferred: Until you get that paper written, don't even think about
going to the movies. *Till is actually the older word, with until having
been formed by the addition to it of the prefix un-, meaning "up to." In
the 18th century the spelling 'till became fashionable, as if till were
a shortened form of until. Although 'till is now nonstandard, 'til is
sometimes used in this way and is considered acceptable, though it is
etymologically incorrect.

> now logs are created at global logs directory to which I
> don't have access. I need logs in my webapps directory.

Uh, what are you using for logging?  Presumably you're talking about
Struts' logs, so you're going to be dealing with the Commons-Logging
package.

- Dave