struts-user mailing list archives

From t t <wantt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Checking radio button based on object value
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:39:01 GMT
Not sure if your optionOne and optionTwo is two groups of radio button or two radio button
in one group. I give you an example to illustrate how to set default values:

Suppose I have a group (group1) of radio buttons, say 3. I want to preselect the first one.
In my JSP file. I do this:

In the form bean file, I will have a property called "group1", and default value is "rb1"
private String group1="rb1";

Hope this helps.

Tong

Ciaran Hanley <ciaran.hanley@sentenial.ie> wrote:
Hi,

I have a form consisting of several radio buttons. Upon form generation I
need radio buttons in the form to be checked based on the attribute of a
bean stored in the session. If the beans property is true then a particular
radio button value of "true" should be checked.

Option One

Option Two

I want these preselected based on a bean which has variables corresponding
to each radio button

boolean optionOne = false;

boolean optionTwo = true;

How can I achieve this?