struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ram Venkataswamy" <r...@m7.com>
Subject RE: Using a key as var-value in validator
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:09:09 GMT
Well, I think for now using Global Constant is the only option. Unless
somebody else have a answer for this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kinjal Sonpal [mailto:sharewithkinjal@gamebox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 10:20 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Using a key as var-value in validator

Ram,

Thanks for replying back.

> If you have defined resource bundle in struts config & are able to
> access key from jsp then no additional step/configuration
> is required to
> access them in validation file. The arg/msg lookup resource bundle
> defined for the application and then pick up value

Yeah, this is fine. But I also need to access the key in defining
<var-value> tag of the <field> tag. Right now I have to do a
workaround by using a global constant. I want to avoid multiple points
of updation.

Thanks and regards,
Kinjal Sonpal
"In the real world, the right thing never happens in the right place
at the right time. It is the task of journalists and historians to
rectify this error."
	Mark Twain