struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Jibaly" <Abdullah.Jib...@aeroxchange.com>
Subject RE: actionform session attribute name
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:34:15 GMT
Thanks, the forEach works great. The problem with using a hardcoded form name is that I have
an abstract Base form with several derived children each with their own form name. Using the
forEach you sent me though shows that the form name is stored in a request attribute "org.apache.struts.action.mapping.instance",
and the actual bean looks like it's in "org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN". Is there any
easy way of getting these sort of like this... I know what I have here is wrong :)

<c:set var="form" value="${request.get('org.apache.struts.action.mapping.instance.name')}"
/>

then I can access the form using the form var: <c:out value="${form.key}"/>

-Abdullah

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Siggelkow [mailto:billsigg@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 3:55 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: actionform session attribute name

Well, for the form you can use the form name as specified in your
struts-config.xml.

To list the attribute keys and values in the request use something like
this (works equally well sessionScope and applicationScope):

     <c:forEach items="${requestScope}" var="itm">
                 <textarea rows="2" cols="50">
                     <c:out value="${itm.value}"/>
                 </textarea>
     </c:forEach>

-Bill Siggelkow

Abdullah Jibaly wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm actually trying to get the form name, or a reference to the object, from the JSP
page. Also, how can I (using JSTL) get a list of all attributes and their values in request,
session, and app scope from the JSP page also?