struts-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with validation using both minlength and maxlength on the same field
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:10:57 GMT
You need to specify maxlength and minlength variables.

          <field
            property="myField"
            depends="minlength, maxlength, integer">
            <arg0 key="sampleApp.myField.label"/>
            <arg1 key="sampleApp.myField.minLen" name="minlength"  />
            <arg1 key="sampleApp.myField.maxLen" name="maxlength"  />
            <var>
                 <var-name>minlength</var-name><var-value>10</var-value>
            </var>
            <var>
                 <var-name>maxlength</var-name><var-value>20</var-value>
            </var>

Alternatively, if its an integer field you could use the intRange validator
instead

          <field
            property="myField"
            depends="integer,intRange">
            <arg0 key="sampleApp.myField.label"/>
            <arg1 key="${var:min}" resource="false"  />
            <arg2 key="${var:max}" resource="false"  />
            <var>
                 <var-name>min</var-name><var-value>10</var-value>
            </var>
            <var>
                 <var-name>max</var-name><var-value>20</var-value>
            </var>

Niall