struts-user mailing list archives

From "andy wix" <stix...@hotmail.com>
Subject back button
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:52:31 GMT
Hi,

Where my pages show a view of data, I have had to implement caching due to
the amount of data that needs to be gathered (i.e., I don't go to the
database - I can get away with the dirty read risk in this case).
A page might show:

name      group
fred        red        delete
john       blue       delete

where the the details are just read from objects in an arraylist in the
session.

If I click delete for the john row, then john is deleted and if I click the
browser's refresh button, the request for another delete is defeated by the
use of tokens.
There is still a problem though when the user clicks the browser's back
button.  It somehow finds the old session arraylist with john still in  it.
I have tried with and without caching set.  The request for the delete is a
post.

Is there a standard scheme for coping with this problem?
Thanks,
Andy