struts-user mailing list archives

From Vic <vic.cekven...@portalvu.com>
Subject Re: Struts development methodology
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:38:33 GMT

Yes, using versioning they can all work together.
Yes, UI developers MUST be ahead of Java, else Java people don't know
what they should implement.
This is all normal and regular and benefit of a layerd framework.

What you do in iterative development is "fake" the data, unill the back
end CRUD is unit tested (just keep rembering, in order to do Struts
right, the UI and Java should be able to be testable w/o the other).

So... here is a "hard coded" form bean.

	String _name="XYZ"

	String  getName() {...}
	setName(String x){...}

See, now it has fake data very quickly, so it displays. A variation will
work for multi row collections, etc. So this is for your prototype.
Later you implment a DAO and lock it in.

Not using this kind of aproach, you are fighting the framework.

.V