struts-user mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject RE: Hibernate VS ibatis, which is better?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:00:00 GMT

In my limited experience of it, it produces much cleaner code, and
seperates concerns very well.

For example, NONE (yep, none) of my code has any transaction information in
it!  It is abstracted out using Spring's AOP, and instead is defined in
Spring's xml file (very easily) and seamlessly handled by Spring and
Hibernate.  And, yes, Spring handles Hibernate sessions seamlessly too.  In
fact, Spring's integration with Hibernate is superb.

It takes a while to get used to AOP (Aspect Orientated Programming) but
there are lots of intro articles out there, and Matt Raible has some
hand-holding tutorials on setting up Spring and Hibernate.

Cheers,

David

|         |           "David Friedman" |
|         |           <humble@ix.netcom|
|         |           .com>            |
|         |           09/01/2004 04:50 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: Hibernate VS ibatis, which is better?

+1 on the "Why should I use Spring" and "beat me over the head until I use
it" statement.

:)