struts-user mailing list archives

From Susan Bradeen <Sus...@softlanding.com>
Subject RE: form validation
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:12:29 GMT
"Jim Barrows" <jbarrows@sssc.com> wrote on 09/01/2004 03:35:14 PM:

> [...]

Albert, just to be perfectly clear ...

in your action mapping in the struts-config.xml

<action
   path="/someAction"
   type="com.mycompany.actions.MyActionClass"
   name="myFormbean"
   scope="request"
   validate="true"
   input="/theJspOrTileOrActionToGoToIfPageValidationFails">
   <forward name="success" path="/nextAction.do"/>
</action>

What is your equivalent for the 'input' attribute value above:
'theJspOrTileOrActionToGoToIfPageValidationFails'

and for the project that is not working, does this specified page (or tile
or action) exist in that project? And is it located in the right place
within the project? And is the spelling for it correct in the 'input'
attribute? If the attribute specifies a tile, is that tile defined
correctly? If the attribute specifies an action, is the forward on that
action specifying an existing page (or tile)?

These are often the reasons for seeing your results.