struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shilpa Nalgonda" <snalgo...@mypublisher.com>
Subject dynamically change the dropdown list from a database...
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:21:06 GMT
I am having problem dynamically display the dropdown list from database.

There are two dropdown list boxes A and B,
when the user changes options in dropdown A, the dropdown B should also
change dynamically from databse.

Both A and B use html select tag.

Dropdown A and B are inside the shipReprt.jsp.

I am trying to submit to the same jsp on change event of dropdown A ..
It does not work, can anyone plesae suggest.  I am not struts though...below
is the code for Dropdown A..
I have to pass the vendor parameter to dropdown B so that i can query
database with this parameter...

<select name="vendor" onchange="document.form2.submit();">">
                <option value="MERC01" selected>MP BookMaker</option>
                <option value="ADOBE01">ADOBE</option>
 </select> </td>

 <form name="form2" method="post" action="shipReprt.jsp">
      <% String partner = request.getParameter("vendor");
        out.println("Size : " + partner);
      %>
 </form>