struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: Tiles in Frameset
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:51:20 GMT

I think your looking at this in the wrong way.  The question is.... how do you display columns
in a browser?
Anser: Either with tables or CSS.
Then you ask, how do I insert a tile into the column?
<tiles:insert name="blah"  />

In my opinion one of the hardest things to remember is that your not "in" Struts, your not
"in" Tiles.... your "in" html... tiles and struts just help you generate HTML.  Again, in
my opinion, if you can think first "How do I do this in HTML?" the question of how do I get
Struts/Tiles/JSTL/other taglibs to do this for me so I don't have to copy-past-modify all