struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: Hibernate VS ibatis, which is better?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:47:13 GMT

Hibernate is cool.... but having done a lot of hibernate, and just starting iBatis... I like
iBatis much better.
I've had to code around some object models to get around things that hibernate would not do.
 Things like:
Project 1--N Artifact <--UseCaseDiagram 1 -- N Actor
						    1 -- N UseCase
Then try and set the actor field in use case, then update the model, and Hibernate chokes.
 Tried from Project, Artifact, UseCaseDiagram, Actor and UseCase objects, and it just won't
do it.  Much easier to map this in iBatis and get it to work... more handcoding, but it works.
 Also easier to just work with Actor and UseCase objects in this case, without always bringin
along the rest of the model too.