struts-user mailing list archives

From "Barnett, Brian W." <bbarn...@scholarinc.com>
Subject RE: Scheduling Actions
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:38:18 GMT
Try Quartz. I posted yesterday regarding Quartz and Struts. Weibe de Jong
replied with some excellent ideas on how to use the Quartz scheduler with
Struts and included some nice code to get you started.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ciaran Hanley [mailto:ciaran.hanley@sentenial.ie]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 6:49 AM
To: Struts User Mailing List
Subject: OT: Scheduling Actions

Hi,

I have several actions in my struts webapp that require a user to manually
click a form button to carry out the action, e.g. update database. I want to
be able to schedule these actions to be carried out at a set time daily
without any user intervention. I am looking for suggestions on what ways
that this can be accomplished?

Thanks,

Ciaran

  _____

Ciaran Hanley

Software Development

Sentenial Ltd.

Tel: 00 353 (1) 629 2141
Fax: 00 353 (1) 629 2147

Mob: 00 353 (0) 87 916 4943
E-Mail: ciaran.hanley@sentenial.ie

Web: www.sentenial.ie <http://www.sentenial.ie/>

  _____

Notice:

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the named recipient and
may be privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify us immediately and do not copy, distribute or take any action
based on this e-mail. Sentenial Ltd will not be liable for direct, special,
indirect or consequential loss as a result of any virus being passed on or
arising from alteration of the contents of this e-mail by a third party. All
e-mail sent to or from this address is subject to archive and review by
someone other than the intended recipient. Any opinions expressed in this
e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sentenial
Ltd. All Personal Data acquired by Sentenial Ltd for which the Data
Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") applies shall be stored and processed in
accordance with the Act. Should you wish to check, amend or remove the
details of your Personal Data held by Sentenial Ltd, please contact us at
<mailto:info@sentenial.ie> info@sentenial.ie.