struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: ImageButtonBean & LookupDispatchAction
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:37:58 GMT
Note, Ben, that in LookupDispatchAction we do the following:

Used the mapping attirbute parameter "method" to find "Delete It" in the
request object name/value parameter pair "method='Delete It'".  Created
a reverse map of all the keys in the application resource property file
for the users locale which allowed us to get "button.delete" from the
key "Delete It".  We are not yet done.  We then use the value
"button.delete" as the key in a map we have coded into our
LookupDispatchAction subclass to get the value "delete".  If this seems
like a good idea to you, then we think differently.  All l have to say
about this is "WHEW!".  LOL

The ImageButtonBean is as convoluted and requires that we create a
slough of classes and objects.  This is, I would suggesrt, something we
might not want to recommend to coders.

Michael McGrady