struts-user mailing list archives

From Brett Connor <brettcon...@spamcop.net>
Subject Re: Struts development methodology
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:55:21 GMT
Sounds like a case for mock objects and actions perhaps. I like this
kind of approach because it is useful for early prototyping and testing,
leaving a clear seperation between the responsibilities either side of
this interface, and supports the 'test driven' approach. I have little
experience of doing this with struts (I'm fairly new to struts) but it's
my plan to do things this way.

I'm concerned when you say your UI developers need to check things in IE
before signing things off. Surely they should check in _all_ of the main
browsers, not just IE? I've already had to take steps to change banks
because they only supported proprietry browsers rather than suport the
standards. We should not be allowing these things to slip through IMHO.

Brett Connor