struts-user mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <erikwe...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [OT] "Enter" key listener for form submittal
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:09:57 GMT
Wendy, I have three visible buttons, a cancel, then a reset and a
submit. So I added the hidden submit as the first button, moving the
visible buttons to the right. The HTML rendered for all four buttons by
the Struts tags is (I added the line breaks):

<input type="submit" value="Submit" style="display:none">
<input type="submit" name="org.apache.struts.taglib.html.CANCEL" value="Cancel" onclick="bCancel=true;">
<input type="reset" value="Reset">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">

But for some reason, the "Enter" key still seems to trigger the cancel
button in IE (I honestly don't know about IE 6 but I tested it in IE 5).
Same story with the JavaScript I tried that is supposed to listen for
the "Enter" key press. Both work in Mozilla 1.7.

Perhaps you could share your variation.

Erik