struts-user mailing list archives

From Jason King <jhk...@airmail.net>
Subject Re: Hibernate VS ibatis, which is better?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:46:46 GMT
This is very much a YMMV type question.  If your
background/experience/expertise is in database then ibatis (where the
sql is all clearly deliniated) is a fine choice.  If you're a java
person, then having a wrapper like Hibernate to shield you from the SQL
may be more to your liking.
Ask yourself the question "Would I rather debug  a sql problem or a java
problem?"  If the former, then iBatis is more likely your best answer,
if the latter than Hibernate.  I'm not suggesting either of the products
have problems, just that when you develop a real application there will
be problems and which DAO tool you use has an effect on where those
problems are likely to occur/be fixed.