struts-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Castro <pvqcas...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Global Forward x Action Mapping
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:39:39 GMT
Hello everyone,

I´ve been thinking about something lately, and haven´t figured it out yet by myself....I
don´t understand when we should map a forward in the global-forward element of the struts-config,
and when is enough to just map it in the action-mapping element. I´ve read about it in some
places, and they all say that the global-forward defines a forward that can be used by all
action-mappings, and that the action-mapping maps a particular action to a url. This seems
obvious, but, in practice, I´ve still haven´t seen a good use of it....everyone I know maps
all forwards to global and define them in the action-mapping element, and I know that this
is not a good practice. If someone could provide me a practical example or a more detailed
explanation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Yahoo! Messenger 6.0 - jogos, emoticons sonoros e muita diversão. Instale agora!