struts-user mailing list archives

From Marco Tedone <mted...@jemos.co.uk>
Subject Re: A couple of questions
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:14:21 GMT
Well, as far as I can see, a part from the validation bit, the use would be
pretty much the same:

with action forms, to retrieve values, I'd have to invoke a getter method on
the action form, while with straight HTML I'd invoke the get on the request.

The downside, as far as I can see, is that I'd have to declare a new class
for any new form. Are there any other advantages from using ActionForms?

Marco

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amleto Di Salle" <disalle@di.univaq.it>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 3:09 PM
Subject: R: A couple of questions

Hi,
the ActionForm are used for the input form of your application.
If you use the ActionForm in your Action you don't have to use the
HttpServletRequest.getParameter("ID") method in order to obtain the
value of the parameter "ID", for example.
Furthermore, using ActionForm with package Validator you can validate
your forms in the client and server side.

What's new in Struts 1.2.2
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/release-notes.html

But the 1.2.2 has some problems. So in your case you can use the Struts
1.1

BR
/Amleto