struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: Bean's get method with parameter
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:03:53 GMT
At 10:03 AM +0100 8/27/04, Paul McCulloch wrote:
>A getter with a paramteter is not a bean property, and so won't be
>accessible with the usual tags.

This is true, and in general, Paul's suggestion below is the right way to go.

Still, it's interesting to note out that Struts
(or more accurately, commons-beanutils) does
support one special case where you can pass a
parameter, the MappedProperty.  This is a
property which requires a String parameter in the
accessor: theoretically a key to a map.  You can
subvert this to have an accessor which does
something else with the String, such as use it
for a date format.

I did this for a Struts 1.0 project before the
JSTL was released and when the Struts bean tags
also hadn't yet added any formatting control.

Joe