struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject RE: Servlet help for a Struts programmer
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:27:46 GMT
At 01:22 PM 8/10/2004, you wrote:
>Guess what.... don't doubt it.  I did it.  I wrote them.  I hated it.  It
>was painful.  It was complex.  It was ugly.
>
>In fact if you see a url that includes something like /servlet/blah you
>are probably looking at a website done entirely in servlets.

Granite, as my sister says.  ///;-)  Or, granted, as I say!  But, this
surely is not where Denis wants to go.  It all really is just Servlets
still but done more intelligently.  Struts is Servlets "done smart".  I
cannot believe that Denis has an employer that wants him to write a site in
Servlets alone.  Do they, Denis?  I suspect, as Wendy suggested, Denis just
has not had to worry much about Servlets because the Struts technology let
him get by without knowing what was essentially going on.  Now he needs to
know.  That is not an alternative to Struts, however, and can be understood
by understanding Struts itself better.  We making sense?

Michael