struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Form Submission
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:19:59 GMT
Hello,
	How about using a DispatchAction triggered by a
Parameter, let's say 'buttonSelected', which would be
Either insert/read/delete etc....

In ur validation you check for the value of that parameter in order
To perform validation...

Hope this helps
Regards
	marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Kwiatkowski [mailto:ckwiat@uga.edu]
Sent: 17 August 2004 15:38
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Dynamic Form Submission

I want to create a form that has two different actions.  The user will
have
a button to "READ" information in from the database and a button to
"SAVE"
information into the database after modification.  I currently use
Validator
to validate my forms and when the user clicks on the "READ" button then
Validator takes over and gives the user errors.  I don't want the form
to be
validated when the user is attempting a "READ".  I only want the form to
be
validated if the user is attempting to do a "SAVE".  Unless anyone has a
better solution (which I hope someone does), I have decided that I need
create two action classes.  One that will handle the read logic without
going through validation and one that will handle the save logic and go
through the validation.  My question with this solution is how do I
elegantly provide this functionality on the jsp?  Do I put the "SAVE"
submit
button within one form and the "READ" submit button within another form
and
have different actions associated with each form?  Or, is there a better
way?
Thanks,
Christopher Kwiatkowski