struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Close <acl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <html:select><html:optionsCollection>
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:39:52 GMT
-- Jim wrote:
> I don't think there is a better way, I'm just suggesting maybe hardcoding those to drop
downs for testing purposes, and eliminate the JS.  You're JSP looks right, and I'm assuming
that your form bean has the return values as arrays if their multi-select, or single strings
and they're otherwise set up exactly the same.
> Technically you're submitting the same form twice, so it should be working.  I'm wondering
if it will work without the javascript based on the theory of boiling down the problem to
it's aboslute basics, and that would be: are you in fact set up correctly to submit 2 select
tags at once.

hmm.  i see what you're saying.
my form bean does have two string values with getters and setters, one
for each dropdown.  i'll try hard coding one and removing the other
and see what happens.  if this works then i still have to figure out
if the issue lies in the form/action or if it's in the

andy