struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: processing multiple records in a batch...JSP...db
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:57:28 GMT
It sounds like you're thinking more of a Swing type application then a web based application.
 You would have to use some javascript to get the arrow keys working the way you want.  More
common would be "VCR controls" at the top, with next, previous and skip to front/end on it.
 There are also several very good pagination tag libraries out there to do what you're looking
for.
In essence, you would put the collection in session scope, along with the index of the current
record and/or the current record.  A NextAction to get the next action and set it up for display,
a PreviusActio to do  the oppsite.
The only issue left is what happens when you have several thousand records to look at... you
don't necessarily want to put those into the session.  There are several solutions to that,
depending on whethere you're using Hibernate, iBatis or just plain ol jdbc.