struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Ludington <gluding...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSTL Has "Paging" Built-In?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:29:23 GMT
>> I have tried one of the paging taglib; but, it does
not accept JSTL tags.
> What do you mean by "does not accept JSTL tags"?

If, by this you mean something along this snippet you posted in
another thread I found:

<pg:pager
 url="org/myOrg/myProj/message/ListThreads"
 items="<c:out value="${totalThreads}" />"
 maxPageItems="20"
 isOffset="true"
 export="offset,currentPageNumber=pageNumber"
 scope="request">

Then the answer will be no.  You cannot use a tag as an attribute of
another tag.   Since I do not think the jsptags pager is EL-aware at
this time, unless you are using Tomcat5, you most likely would have to
define totalThreads as a scriptlet variable, and use:

<pg:pager
 url="org/myOrg/myProj/message/ListThreads"
 items="<%=totalThreads%>"
 maxPageItems="20"
 isOffset="true"
 export="offset,currentPageNumber=pageNumber"
 scope="request">

The displaytag library appears to have its own sort of expression
language, so that may be another option for you if you do not want to
use scriplet syntax for the attribute.