struts-user mailing list archives

From "bmcgovern2004" <bmcgovern2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Struts 1.0.2 Dynamic Forward
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:04:05 GMT
I'm an newbie.  I've made an honest attempt at finding an answer in
the archives without success. Can some please help?

I've successfully written a simple struts application.

I have a jsp that presents a listbox for user selection.  I have
multiple action "flows" that may need to utilize the standard screen
somewhere in the flow.
In the config below, I may need to forward to "/standard1" while
doing the screen flow for action1 or action2

<action    path="/action1"
           type="com.xxxxx.Action1"
           scope="session"
           name="action1Form">
  <forward name="aaaaaaaa"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/aaaaaaaa.jsp" />
  <forward name="bbbbbbbb"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/bbbbbbbb.jsp" />
  <forward name="cccccccc"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/cccccccc.jsp" />
</action>

<action    path="/action2"
           type="com.xxxxx.Action2"
           scope="session"
           name="action2Form">
  <forward name="dddddddd"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/dddddddd.jsp" />
  <forward name="eeeeeeee"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/eeeeeeee.jsp" />
  <forward name="ffffffff"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/ffffffff.jsp" />
</action>

<action    path="/standard1"
           type="com.xxxxx.Standard1"
           scope="session"
           name="standard1Form">
  <forward name="standard1"  path="/WEB-INF/jsp/standard1.jsp" />
</action>

In an action class, is it possible to switch gears, populate a new
form type with some acquired values, and forward to a different
action mapping that uses the new form?  Then continue with the
original flow?   Or is there an elegant way to handle this?

Note: The solution must utilize Struts 1.0.2.

Thank you for your time.