struts-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich....@portalvu.com>
Subject Re: Struts/tiles: Run-time definition of which tile to include
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:56:04 GMT
basicPortal (a Struts Portal w/ rich UI and iBatis DAO) uses the the
tiles to control the page “modules”, for example here:
http://www.basicportal.com/bp/download/cms.PNG

You can see beta of it here, should go live:
http://sp8des.ogamo.com

ZD replaced Vignette with the Struts Portal for the 5 gaming magazines,
and 10MM users (Resin 3 and a non sharing groups of app. Servers) . It
has hundred of configurable pages, forums, rich UI, CMS of course, and
latest of everything. For example to click on “Friends of” you can the
person's friends and then you can keep drilling down. Another neat
feature is that as soon as you join you can go to
http://username.ogamo.com to go to your gaming home page. (When it
leaves beta, it won't be called ogamo).

It was done in 3 months with 6 developers. Another nice basicPortal not
done by baseBenas is installable. That's right, it installs the DB,
Tomcat, Struts, the portal, etc. and you surf, very neat. Since this was
not my project I am not sure if I can link it but if you e-mail me I
will give you the url to download and install a Struts Portal; no source
just jars and not as powerful as above.
Above is great to surf, it would take you days to see all it does.

.V

development</a>