struts-user mailing list archives

From a..@pgmsystems.com
Subject Re: Struts 1.1 / WebSphere 5.1 logging
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:47:17 GMT

WebSphere 5 has some proprietry logging that interferes with the logging
implementation you choose to use.  Here is a link that should help you
configure your app to use your log4j instead of WebSphere's own logging.
We've been able get both option 2 and 3 working.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27004610&aid=1

             "Pingili,
             Madhupal"
             <MPingili@BBandT.                                          To
             com>                      'Struts Users Mailing List'
                                       <user@struts.apache.org>
             06/18/2004 10:50                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Struts 1.1 / WebSphere 5.1 logging
             Please respond to
               "Struts Users
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>

I have a web application developed with Struts 1.1 running on WebSphere
4.0.4 successfully.
Now, if I deploy the same app on WebSphere 5.1, there is no log file
created.
I am using commons-logging.properties:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

and log4j.properties with 2 rolling file appenders to create 2 log files.

Has anyone come across the logging issues when porting the web app to
WebSphere 5.1?

Any help or links to resources is appreciated.

Reddy Pingili