struts-user mailing list archives

From brati.sankargh...@tcs.com
Subject RE: Semi-OT: Organizing WEB-INF/lib dir...
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 04:35:42 GMT
Well I have done that. I have created a directory under lib and included
struts.jar in it. This is running fine in JDeveloper when I added the path
to the classpath.

Brati Sankar Ghosh
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: brati.sankarghosh@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"Frank Zammetti" <fzammett@hotmail.com>
06/04/2004 09:41 AM

Please respond to

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Subject
RE: Semi-OT: Organizing WEB-INF/lib dir...

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.  I just took all the JARs for a test app
had installed and moved them from WEB-INF/lib to WEB-INF/lib/stuff, and
the
app no longer works.  This is in Tomcat, so possibly it would work with
another app server, but I tend to doubt it.

One suggestion that I can make, a habit I've gotten into, is name your
JARs
liberally, since their names don't matter.  I usually name the JARs as
descriptively as possible (for example,
"jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.0.jar"
might be one) and include their version, so it's fairly easy to tradk down

what's what and at a glance tell what versions I'm running.  Probably not
the ideal answer, but maybe it'll clean up the mess just a little.

Frank